Brazilian Hair StraighteningAt NYC Hair Stylist , our hair designers are trained to create a unique look for every client. From straightening, blow dry, or recommending a hair color that will enhance your skin tone and eye color, we can style a look to fit your personality. It is our privilege to inform you of all the styling options that are available to you.
What is a Brazilian Hair Straightening Treatment?
Brazilian Keratin Hair Straightening is a revolutionary treatment is an intense treatment that softens, smoothens, and most important gives you straight hair. It does not use any strong chemicals to open and close the hair cuticle in an effort to straighten it, breaking the bones of the hair shaft. Keratin is a natural substance, which comprises approximately 88% of your hair. It penetrates the hair repairing internal damage and coats the hair preventing further damage. It is Keratin based which is a type of protein high in sulfur and the amino acid cystine, making it tough, elastic and insoluble.
These qualities are fundamental to the strong structural role keratin often plays in nature. It is a major component of horns, hooves and wool. In fact, keratin is the main protective substance in our hair, skin and nails. This is not a permanent straightening but a natural treatment. Therefore when the product is gone, your hair will be back to its natural form.
Who can get this treatment?
It's recommended for all types of hair: virgin, colored, highlighted, previously straightened, kinky, curly, and wavy hair. The beautiful part about this treatment is that it lasts for a long time. You can expect up to 3-4 solid months of beautiful straight hair. Good luck with your Brazilian hair straightening treatment.
- Can be used over any kind of straightening.
- Based on keratin that naturally straightens.
- Works better over colored or chemically treated hair.
- You can go into the pool or ocean after this treatment. (After 3 days) Pregnant or nursing women cannot get this treatment done. Will remain in virgin hair for 2 months, any other type of hair for 3-4 months.
Initially there are some precautionary steps to take to ensure the best straightening possible.
- You do want to wear your hair down for at least 4 days to allow the product to settle in your hair.
- Do use a blow dryer or flatiron as needed, (in case hair gets wet during the first four days.)
- Do wear a silk scarf to pull your hair away from your face.
- Do use a shampoo without Sodium-Chloride (Sulfate-Free) on your hair at all times.
Things Not To Do For The First 3 Days
- Don't wash your hair for the first time.
- Do not tie your hair into a ponytail.
- Do not use hair clips.
- Do not place your hair behind your ears.
- Do not exercise or sweat.
- Do not use hair bands.
- Do not use your glasses to hold your hair back.
- Do not use sprays, gel or mousses.